Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Currrently On and Off My Needles


I have been knitting like crazy. On the needles at the moment is a fabulous shawl using a delicious new Artyarns fiber named "Cameo", a superb cashmere-mohair mix, rich in hand and light on the needles. And there are: Hand Warmers in yummy angora, another pair using Alchemy's Synchronocity blend of silk and merino - ooh la, la - these are fine gloves, a tie with Artyarns's Ultramerino 4, and a lush dark grey cashmere scarf for my father-in-law. In the meantime, I have completed some adorable felted bowls (shown above in the unfelted or pre-felted version) for my upcoming workshop on December 13. These are so much fun to knit and so quick to complete- I really think it takes longer to felt them than to knit them. I also completed two warm and wooly hats out of Karabella's Puffy Yarn for Judith's shop in Manchester Centre, Vermont, Yarns for Your Soul. These hats will be the guiding force for the Stratton Ski Resort Winter Holiday workshops held the week of December 23 at the lodge at Stratton. Face cloths are on the queue as well - so that each member of the family has one of their own - one down- 4 to go. Scarves are also on the needles and awaiting completion too. Well, back to my knitting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home